Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I thought my life sucked......
BUT I just heard from an old friend of mine, we haven't seen each other in ages, but have always stayed friends since we were teenagers, and she wrote that her oldest son just had his spleen removed, it was full of cancer & he has a rare form of hodgkins lymphoma....he is between stage 3 and 4e......I'm still trying to get it to sink it, it just doesn't seem real. Her son is not even 30, he has kids......his entire life ahead of him.......
I just looked up a bunch of websites pertaining to HL and there are treatments but they're very heinous, very destructive to the body & immune system and even then, the outlook may not be so great.
Being in stage 3 to 4 means that his cancer has spread beyond the spleen to other organs.
I was reading about the cell support needed during therapy and stem cell therapy, where stem cells from the umbilical cord of a baby can be saved, where blood cells from a person facing destructive radiation & chemo, can be frozen to be introduced to the person afterwards to help the immune system.
I think if I were facing this, I would want to go to the Cancer Treatment Centers of America, that I've heard about on t.v. because I believe cancer treatment must be a multi-faceted treatment, encompassing myriad types of help.
The total mind & body approach....
I just hate to think of anyone suffering through this hell....my cousin has a brain tumour, she's had surgery & it has returned twice since....her prognosis is not good. She has a husband & kid....Our family friend, a Pastor, has prostate cancer, I know so many people with it and have lost many loved ones to it.
Cancer....is an ugly word, a horrid disease....
I pray a cure will someday be found.
I thought my life sucked.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home