Sunday, May 08, 2005

~Happy Mother's Day Mummy!~
~~~
Words seem so inadequate as I attempt to describe how it feels to be the truly blessed and unworthy daughter of a woman I feel is a saint.
My Mum.
My Mum has been the most important person in my life...always.
I have lived in fear each and every day, that something will happen to her. I would rather die than to ever have her be hurt or ill. My Mum has been everything to me...Mother, best friend, confidante and soul mate. Throughout all the years of my illness, she has been the only person who truly believed in me, whom I could always count on, no matter what. She has never let me down.
My Mum
has been nurse, friend, counselour...to my entire family... and carries an extremely heavy load upon her tiny shoulders. She copes with everyone's burdens, carries them, solves them, prays about them....she hurts when one of us hurts, she cries for our pain and feels our anguish, she shares, with exultant joy, our happiness and triumphs.
She gives her all for those she loves...and then transcends her all and gives even more, drawing from her depths, huge and fantastic strengths such as I have never seen in any other...
I have never known a more unselfish, loyal, devoted and truly selfless person.
I fall far short of the mark I wish I could make, in being the person I wish I could be, to have her proud of me.
Yet, she is.
She is proud of me and loves me in spite of my myriad flaws and shortcomings...and I always wonder why, how...??? She is not blind to my flaws, she is not unaware of my shortcomings....yet, she see's beyond them, and into my heart and binds me to hers and we are one in spirit.
How can I tell you, my beloved Mother, how I have held fast to your heart for strength through the difficult times? How do I thank you, dear Mother, for the countless long nights you have kept vigil at my side, willing me to heal, to be strong, to survive, to overcome, to triumph...to live? How do I show you, dear Mother, the deepest recesses of my heart kept only for you, when mere words will not suffice? How can I thank you for the lifetime of devotion and love you have heaped upon me dear Mother?
Always know, dearest Mother of mine, that with all my heart and soul and breath, I love you...and it is my greatest honour to be your daughter.
I thank God for you
~~~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home